BRAND NEW: WealthChannel Academy
Puerto Rico’s unique status as a U.S. territory with Commonwealth status has created a number of significant tax opportunities.
Jose Torres, founder and managing partner at Monllor Capital Partners, joins Michael to discuss the various incentives in place for both individual investors moving to Puerto Rico and businesses that are established or expanding on the island.
Watch On YouTube
- Summary of Puerto Rico’s unique status as a U.S. territory and separate tax jurisdiction.
- History of tax incentives in Puerto Rico, through the introduction of Act 60.
- Review of the various incentives in place for certain industries, including tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, and clean energy.
- Discussion of the incentives in place for individuals who become residents of Puerto Rico.
- Analysis of the Opportunity Zone tax incentives that are unique to Puerto Rico.
- Discussion on the structure of funds that are investing in Puerto Rico, and how this impacts investors based in the 50 states.
- A New Era in Puerto Rico: Act 60 (Invest Puerto Rico)
- Puerto Rico’s Incentives Code Brochure (Department of Economic Development and Commerce)
- Episode 6: Opportunity Zone Tax Incentives, With Jimmy Atkinson
- Jose Torres on The Opportunity Zones Podcast
Today’s Guest: Jose Torres, Monllor Capital Partners
- Monllor Capital Partners – Official Website
- Monllor Capital Partners on LinkedIn
- Jose Torres on LinkedIn
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.