Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
Just as individual investors can use the tax code to boost their returns, savvy real estate developers can maximize returns to their investors by identifying all credits and incentives available to them.
Barrett Linburg joins Michael to discuss how his firm uses a number of different incentives in the Texas multifamily market to generate superior risk-adjusted returns while maintaining low risk profile.
Watch On YouTube
- Discussion of the 45L tax credit introduced by the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Overview of the historic tax credits available at both the federal and state level.
- Summary of Opportunity Zone tax incentives, including a deep dive into the benefits of avoiding depreciation recapture.
- Analysis of the PFC incentive that is specific to Texas, designed to catalyze investments in affordable housing through property tax abatements.
- The OZ Opportunity For RIAs, With Barrett Linburg [Episode #243 of The Opportunity Zones Podcast]
- Historic Preservation Tax Incentives [National Park Service]
Today’s Guest: Barrett Linburg, Savoy Equity Partners
- Savoy Equity Partners – Official Website
- Savoy Equity Partners on LinkedIn
- Barrett Linburg on LinkedIn
- Barrett Linburg on X
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.