Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
There’s a compelling case to be made for farmland as part of a long term portfolio. There are also some potentially significant tax advantages associated with this asset class.
Josh Guggenheim, VP of Acquisitions at Gold Leaf Farming, joins Michael to discuss four tax strategies being used to maximize returns to investors.
Watch On YouTube
- How bonus depreciation can be used to maximize paper losses in the first year of a farmland investment.
- Why farmland and Opportunity Zones make a great combination.
- Overview of the Williamson Act, and how agricultural operators can use it to save on property taxes.
- Tax arbitrage opportunities available to companies that use the IC-DISC structure.
- The investment case for farmland as an investable asset.
Today’s Guest: Josh Guggenheim, Gold Leaf Farming
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.