Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
Donor advised funds (DAFs) are gaining in popularity as a way for business owners to minimize their tax burden while also supporting meaningful causes.
Kim Ledger and Joe Gianforte join Michael to discuss how High Net worth Investors can use DAFs most efficiently, including to minimize the tax impact from a business sale.
Watch On YouTube
- Summary of how donor advised funds (DAFs) work.
- Reasons for the significant growth in popularity of DAFs in recent years.
- Use cases for DAFs, including for business or real estate owners anticipating a sale.
- Nuances when the gifted property is an alternative or complex asset.
- Common mistakes made when setting up or administering DAFs.
- Comparison of DAFs to charitable remainder trusts.
Today’s Guest: Kim Ledger and Joe Gianforte, Ren
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.