Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
Cost segregation is one of the most straightforward ways for real estate developers and investors to accelerate depreciation and maximize the tax efficiency of their project.
Erik Oliver joins Michael to explain how cost segregation studies are completed and discuss other underutilized tax credits available to real estate investors.
Watch On YouTube
- Overview of the potential tax savings from cost segregation, using a multifamily building as an example.
- Explanation of the cost segregation process, and how providers and protect against audit risk.
- Discussion of some underutilized tax incentives that were expanded by the Inflation Reduction Act, including 179D and 45L.
Today’s Guest: Erik Oliver, Cost Segregation Authority
- Cost Segregation Authority – Official Website
- Cost Segregation Authority on LinkedIn
- Erik Oliver on LinkedIn
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.