Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
Restricted stock units (RSUs) are an increasingly popular form of compensation, especially in the tech industry. Since RSU vesting is a taxable event, it’s important for employees to understand the ramifications of this compensation.
Isaac Presley joins Michael to discuss the basics of RSU taxation and several strategies that can be used by investors facing a vesting event.
Watch On YouTube
- Overview of restricted stock units, including a comparison to stock options.
- Basics of RSU taxation.
- Discussion of how investors should look at an RSU vesting event, and the options available to them.
- Strategies to employ around vesting events, including the importance of maximizing tax efficient vehicles such as 401(k)s and HSA.
- Common mistakes made with RSUs, and how to avoid them.
- RSU Taxes Explained + 4 Tax Strategies for 2023
- Episode 2: Turn Your HSA Into A Stealth IRA, With Andy Hagans
- Episode 10: Oil & Gas Tax Incentives, With Sarah Sullivan
- Episode 14: Mega Backdoor Roth Made Simple, With Kelley Long
Today’s Guest: Isaac Presley, Cordant Wealth Partners
- Cordant Wealth Partners – Official Website
- Cordant Wealth Partners on LinkedIn
- Isaac Presley on LinkedIn
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.