Our Next Event: Alts Expo - Dec 13th
A self directed IRA (SDIRA) can provide high net worth investors with access to a number of alternative asset classes in tax-sheltered retirement accounts.
Kaaren Hall, founder and CEO of uDirect IRA Services, joins Michael to discuss the use cases she sees for investors and techniques to avoid the most common mistakes made with SDIRAs.
Watch On YouTube
- Comparison of self directed IRAs with the “plain vanilla” accounts many investors hold.
- Complete list of the assets that can’t be held in a SDIRA.
- The tax strategy behind holding assets with high expected returns in a Roth IRA account.
- Prohibited transactions and other commonly made mistakes with SDIRAs.
- The most bizarre assets Kaaren has ever seen custodied in a SDIRA.
- The importance of “starting at the end” when thinking about retirement planning.
- Lord of the Roths: How Tech Mogul Peter Thiel Turned a Retirement Account for the Middle Class Into a $5 Billion Tax-Free Piggy Bank (ProPublica.org)
- How To (Legally) Buy Early Growth Shares In Your Roth IRA (Kitces.com)
- Episode 3: The Solo 401k Made Simple
Today’s Guest: Kaaren Hall, uDirect IRA Services
About The Tax Efficient Investor Podcast
On the Tax Efficient Investor podcast, we show you how to protect, grow, and transfer your wealth by implementing tax-advantaged investment strategies. Host Michael Johnston demystifies tax strategies that are favored by the most successful and sophisticated investors, including 1031 exchanges, IRA & 401k plans, HSA accounts, trusts, real estate, and more.